Anyway, here are the rules of the Eight Things About Me meme:
A. Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves.
B. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1. I am a seafood-eating vegetarian, and have been for almost 5 years now. People always ask me what prompted me to become a vegetarian, and the short answer is: I'm not sure. I love animals, yes, but I think the choice had more to do with the fact that meat just wasn't agreeing with me like it used to. (Geez, that makes me sound like I'm a senior citizen.) I don't think I'll raise Charlotte and Gavin to be vegetarians, but I will certainly make them aware of my choice.
Lately, though, hot dogs are looking pretty good to me. We'll see where this goes.
2. For two years I danced on a national television show called Dance Party USA. Yes, I have the fan mail to prove it.
3. I have a weird sixth-sense about some things. I'm not claiming that I can predict the future or anything, but sometimes I just intuitively know things. I once guessed what was in a friend's bank account to the penny. I think this ability also makes me an excellent judge of character, usually.
4. I love to garden, but I will immediately kill every house or potted plant I get. I forget to water them. Poor things, they don't stand a chance.
5. The famous Revolutionary War heroine, Molly Pitcher, is somehow related to me. I think she's my sixth-great grandmother.
6. My sisters are twins, and my mom was a member of the local Twin Club when they were born. I contacted the same Twin Club (now called Mothers of Multiples) when I found out I was having twins, and it turns out that I am their first Legacy Member.
7. I have way too many Vera Bradley bags.
8. I don't get Mary J. Blige. I know she's won all these Grammy's, but I just don't see the appeal. Am I the only one?
I do, however, totally get Prince. I love him.
Unfortunately, I don't know many people in the blogosphere, and if I do know them, they don't know me! Here's who I'm tagging: