Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Twin Takeover

What is it with the twins and dish towels?

I'm not really one to *decorate* for any holidays other than Christmas, but I do have cute little dish towels that I change with the appropriate season or holiday. This month it's white towels with simple, understated hearts. I hang them over the handle of my oven. There's really nothing fancy or ostentatious about them; in other words, they don't have blinking lights or loud noises or anything that otherwise resembles a toddler toy. But for some reason the twins simply CANNOT leave them alone. No sooner do I put out a dish towel than they are pulled off of the handle and placed on the floor. I can't tell you how many times a day I nearly fall ass over teakettle because I've slipped on one of the towels. (Not good when you have a 6 week old baby in your arms.) So, I've put the dish towels away (sigh), along with the kitchen chairs (because the twins climb up onto the table and dump salt everywhere), the diaper caddy (because they pull out all of the wipes one by one), and the fireplace screen (because they hurl their bodies against it until it falls over.)

At what point does my house become MINE again?!?!

4 comments:

  1. I have put so many of the girls' toys away in the last week~the blocks because they just throw them around, the puzzles because they just throw them around, their buses/vans/planes because they just throw them around. So I empathize.

    That said, your house will NEVER again be your own. :) I mean, of course when they go to college it will be a bit quiet, but they'll come back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me about my Valentine's Day dishtowel! I will surely enjoy it for the next three days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. never, it will never be yours again. not even your bathroom. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should rename your blog "Tulip, Turnip & a Sweet Pea". This thought just came to my mind today which is a long time after you posted about a name change.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...