Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patty's Day!

I am not even a little bit Irish, but I can pretend today!  I had a little adventure in cuisine this morning:  I'm trying my hand at corned beef brisket with potatoes, carrots, and onions. It got loaded into the crockpot this morning.  I love crockpot meals...it's like a little surprise waiting for you when you get home.  I'm even making some Irish Soda Bread.  I'll be sure to let you know how it goes!

I didn't do much St. Patty's Day crafting with my students this year...we have our state standardized testing this week, so I've been busy preparing them for that.  We did take a little break to make these quick Irish mobiles:

They look cute hanging from our ceiling.

The kids made rainbow paper chains:


And we added a shamrock at the bottom:

They traced a shamrock pattern on white paper and cut it out.  Then, we dipped bubble wrap in green paint and stamped it on the shamrock.  Easy, fun, and festive.

Have a great day everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Happy St. Patty's Day Amy! You can never go wrong with a corned beef in a crock pot. I'm working on a Guinness based one for tonight that's simmering away at home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Great idea to balance creativity to the stress of the testing. I don't know how you third grade teachers make it through those tests year after year. As a parent, I am very glad that today is the last day of them, my poor kid looks like he's been through the ringer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute craft idea. I will have to keep that one in mind for next year. I never thought of using bubble wrap for texture painting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...