But this is different. It's perfect, every single time. I promise. Goat Cheese and Edamame Pizza with mozzarella and caramelized onions. Yes, please!
Start by caramelizing the onions. You'll need two medium-sized yellow onions. Cut them in half root-to-tip, and slice the ends off. Peel them, and slice them.
Coat the bottom of a heavy skillet with olive oil (about 2-3 Tbsps.) Heat the oil over medium heat, and add the onions.
Let them cook. You don't want to stir them too much, because you want them to brown up...but you don't want them to burn either. After about 10 minutes of cooking, sprinkle liberally with salt and about 2 teaspoons of sugar. Let them cook for another 20 minutes or so until they're beautifully caramelized.
Next comes the pizza dough. Of course, you could make your own. I just use the Trader Joe's dough. I roll it out on a floured surface and put it on a pizza stone.
Brush the dough with some olive oil, and sprinkle it with salt and pepper.
Add the caramelized onions. Oh, yeah.
Then it's time to add some cheeses. Mozzarella and honey goat cheese, to be exact. I get the honey goat cheese at Trader Joe's. If you can't find it, you could get regular goat cheese, and drizzle honey over it when you add it to the pizza.
Add the sliced mozzarella.
Then add the honey goat cheese. It's kind of crumbly. And it's kind of delicious.
Next, add about 1/3 cup (a palmful) of edamame. I buy a bag of frozen edamame, and add them to the pizza frozen. No need to defrost first!
All that's left is to do is bake this baby on 425 for about 20 minutes or so. Keep your eye on it.
I could barely wait until it was cooled off before I cut myself a slice.
This one's definitely a keeper.
Goat Cheese and Edamame Pizza
pizza crust (homemade or store-bought)
olive oil, 2-3 Tbsps, plus more for brushing on dough
2 tsps. sugar
2 medium yellow onions
sliced fresh mozzarella
honey goat cheese (I used about 3 ounces)
shelled edamame, fresh or frozen (I used about 1/3 cup)
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
2. Slice the onions.
3. Add 2-3 Tbsps. of olive oil to a heavy skillet. Heat over medium heat. Add the sliced onions.
4. Cook onions over medium heat, stirring occasionally. After 10 minutes, sprinkle onions with salt and pepper, and 2 tsps. of sugar. Cook for 20 minutes longer until onions are brown and caramelized.
5. While onions are cooking, roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface and place on a pizza stone.
6. Brush the dough with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
7. Top the pizza with the caramelized onions.
8. Add the sliced mozzarella, goat cheese, and edamame.
9. Bake for about 20 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.