Sunday, January 29, 2012

Date of the Month -- January

I consider myself to be a pretty good giver-of-gifts, but my groom is notoriously difficult to buy gifts for.  I'm not even kidding you, I start planning his Christmas gifts months in advance, and they are always a huge fail.  Every December 26 I threaten him:  "If you don't give me a list next year, you're not going to get anything!"  And every year the cycle begins again.  He doesn't know what he wants.  I have a great idea.  He appears lukewarm about the gift on Christmas morning.  The gift gets returned by January 1.  So frustrating.



After seeing this idea on Pinterest, I decided my only redemption would be to buy him experiences rather than things.  You can't really return an experience.  And with the little kids, it's important to us to carve out some time together.

So I got busy planning 12 dates, one for each month of 2012.  I bought a three-ring binder and 12 file folders, and labeled one for each month.


January's date was tickets to see one of our favorite comedians, Jim Gaffigan.  Here's the January folder:





We had so much fun.  For those of you that don't know Jim Gaffigan, he is hilarious. We literally spent the entire time cracking up.  It was so worth it!




My plan was to take photos of us on our date too, but it just didn't happen.  My mom tried to take a (blurry) photo of us before we left, but the three little rugrats would not be excluded.

I took a quick one of the theatre as we were running in to escape the cold.


And a quick one in the theatre before the show.


I'll try to do better with the photography on February's date.  Except we're getting a couples massage, so maybe not.

How about you?  Any good date night ideas?  Do share!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this. I may have to steal the idea....my husband can be tough with the gift-buying as well. He hates getting more "stuff!" I have success only when I remember something he's mentioned way back in August. :)

    Also, the wedding pic of you two is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...