Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Easiest Morning Breakfast

This is not earth-shattering news.

Smoothies are good.

Smoothies are easy.

Kids like smoothies.

Smoothies are one way to sneak some fruit and vegetables into your kids' diets (and yours)!

Here's our daily morning smoothie.  My kids ask for it every morning, and I find that I crave it.  My morning doesn't feel right if I don't start off with one of these.  Please excuse the bedheads in the shots below.





Using two straws is optional, of course, but I find that it gives the smoothie a little extra something.

Here's the recipe:

GREEN MONSTER SMOOTHIE

one banana, broken into pieces
handful of frozen sliced peaches
handful of frozen pineapple chunks
handful of frozen mango chunks
big handful of spinach (about 1 cup)
1/2 - 3/4 cup of orange juice, more as needed

Blend and enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. not only kids but elders also like smoothies but yes kids like it more. Good post, thank you for sharing it and keep posting such posts

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...