Monday, December 24, 2007

Unhinged

I had some friends over for dinner on Friday night. These are two of my closest friends - one has known me since middle school, and the other since junior high. I was frazzled. Lately I've been getting pretty good at juggling both babies while doing other tasks, like cooking dinner. But the babies were extrememly cranky on Friday, heightened by the fact that they hadn't had a good nap and both were coming down with a cold. So the vegetable lasagna that I hoped to have baking away was still just ingredients in my pantry by the time they arrived .

By nature, I'm a pretty anxious person. I can keep this in check on most days, but when things aren't going according to plan, I lose it. Friday was one of those days.

So perhaps it was my high level of anxiety, and perhaps it was the wine, but I became a little unhinged. Spilling my guts. Losing my cool. Sweating.

It's a good thing that these girls have known me forever and won't judge me for becoming a raving lunatic once in a while. They constantly reassure me that I'm a mother of young twins, for Pete's Sake, and I'm allowed to have days like that. Thank goodness for old friends. You're the best, A and S.

Now off to tend to whichever baby is babbling through the monitor. He/she wasn't supposed to wake up for another half-hour! This is NOT part of my plan today!

1 comment:

  1. For the record, we had a wonderful time and the lasagna was amazing! YOU are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...