Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Cup 'o Joe

There's no doubt about it...I am NOT a morning person. I know, when you become a parent, you become a morning person. You have to; it's just part of the job, like changing diapers and picking noses. But I am NOT a morning person, so I cherish my morning coffee, which is really the only thing that gets me out of bed in the morning (okay, that and the wailing that comes from the nursery).

Lately, Charlotte has been very into what I'm eating and drinking. She isn't crawling yet, but if I'm sitting near her, eating or drinking something that has not been first offered to her, she will find a way to get close to me and fling her little body over my lap. Then she will proceed to claw at me, whine, and point at whatever I'm eating or drinking until she gets some of it, too.

Obviously she can't have any of my morning coffee. Besides the fact that the caffeine isn't good for her, I'm unwilling to give a sip of my coffee to anyone, since it's what keeps me functioning. So since she won't take no for an answer, I've just started giving her her own travel mug, either empty or filled with a little water, so she can sip right along with me.

It's just the cutest darn thing ever.

0 witty remarks:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...