Wednesday, October 13, 2010

-Crafts- Mouse Invasion!

One of my favorite daily blog reads is Thrifty Decor Chick.  If you are at all into decorating, you should do yourself a favor and check this one out.  Sarah is amazingly creative, and she describes her projects in such a simple, straightforward manner -- it makes you think anyone can do it.

A few days ago, she posted about decorating her stairs with silhouettes of mice for Halloween.  Sounds creepy, but looks adorable!

image found here

How cute is that?!?  I can barely stand it.  I immediately wanted to do it in my house, but then I remembered two things:  (1) my stairs are carpeted, and (2) I have three children under the age of 4.  There is NO WAY they would leave these things alone.  I would find ripped and crumpled mouse bodies all over my house.

But I still loved the idea, so I enlisted the help of my third graders.  Every Friday, they earn 20 minutes of "Friday Free Time."  During that time they can draw, play games, talk....whatever!  Last Friday I asked if anyone was interested in helping me decorate the room for Halloween, and nearly all 20 of them volunteered.  I let them stick the mice where ever they wanted.  It's actually pretty hilarious...I keep finding mice in the most unexpected places: on my tissue box, on my printer, behind my bookshelves.  The room looks great!
If you are interested in trying this project yourself, you can download the template here.  I just printed them out on printer paper, and then we cut them out.  If I were doing this for my home, I would probably make a template and then trace the mice on black contact paper.  Then you can cut them out and stick them wherever you like.  Enjoy!

P.S.  If you like what you see, please subscribe to my blog in a reader (button on the right side of the page) or become a follower of my blog!

0 witty remarks:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...