Monday, August 22, 2011

Gallery Wall

For a long time, I've been trying to decide what to do with a big blank wall in our family room.  The only thing that was hanging on that wall was an enormous T.V.


Pinterest really came in handy, because I was able to find lots of photos for inspiration.  In the end, I decided to do a gallery wall of photographs and my childrens' artwork.  I kind of wanted the arrangement to be random, but Michael was adamant about it being symmetrical.  I let him win this one.  :)


Hmmm.  That white return vent up there sticks out like a sore thumb.  I'll be painting that the same color as the wall.  Soon.


This Happy Place print is one of my favorites.  I bought it on Etsy, here.  She has really beautiful artwork with positive messages.

I also love this watercolor, created by Charlotte:

Seriously, don't you think this would fetch hundreds of dollars in a gallery?  I love it.

And when I want to cover the TV entirely, I can still use the IKEA-canvas-trick that I stole learned from Maria at John's Journal.


The frames are really easy to take down and switch out.  I have a feeling I'm going to want something different after a while.  Like maybe botanical prints, or black and white photos.  We'll see!

I hope you enjoy your Monday!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...