Sunday, May 6, 2007

Bookies

May 8 is right around the corner...the babies' original due date. Can you believe it?!? I would be the size of a small country by now. I keep wondering about all of those developmental milestones that may be a little bit delayed in Charlotte and Gavin. They seem to be doing so well, so I have a good feeling that they won't be too delayed in anything. I keep catching myself saying 'normal babies': i.e, 'Normal babies smile by 8 weeks.' Then I remind myself that C. and G. ARE normal -- in fact, they are extraordinary, because they are really thriving despite all of their obstacles!!

We had a well visit on Friday, and they continue to gain weight steadily. Charlotte weighed 6 lbs. 9 oz. (a gain of 20 ounces in 2 weeks!) and Gavin weighed 7 lbs. 1 oz. (a gain of 23 ounces in 2 weeks!). It's pretty incredible. I actually have to wash fat rolls in their necks when they are in the tub. YES, FAT ROLLS IN THEIR NECKS!!

They are beginning to sleep for slightly longer stretches (slightly longer = 4 hours or so). I can't tell if Michael and I are actually sleeping more or just becoming accustomed to sleep deprivation.

The babies got their first cold last week. How, I don't know, because I sterilize all of their bottles and pacifiers daily, and the Purell flows freely in the Chermela abode. We got our first lesson on those lovely nasal aspirators to suck the junk out of their noses. ('Bookies,' as Joey calls them.) They seem to be on the mend. We all survived.

What has surprised me the most is how much I like to dress them alike. Of course, 98% of Charlotte's outfits are pink (she is definitely my daughter) and Gavin's are almost always blue, but they coordinate, and I love it. If I'm still dressing them alike when they go to kindergarten, someone please smack me. But right now it's cute.

I will post more photos of my big, fat babies as soon as I recharge my camera. I can't seem to find the time to run into our office and plug it in!

Congratulations to Kelly, Rob, Sydney, and Katey on their new baby boy/brother, Nicholas Robert! I can't wait to meet him!


 

0 witty remarks:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...