Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Science Project

Gavin's got some upper-respiratory bug. He's been pretty sick: coughing, runny nose, wheezing, the works. He's been up during the night since he's having a tough time breathing through that stuffy nose, so in turn, I've been up a lot during the night. He's on an antibiotic and nebulizer treatments three times a day.

Our pediatrician warned me to keep him away from Charlotte, which I find amusing.

In a feeble attempt to keep the germs at bay, I've been sterilizing all of the bottles and pacifiers. When the babies first came home from the NICU, I was a sterilizing queen, but that habit has gotten lost in the shuffle of our day-to-day routine. They're lucky that the bottles even get washed by this point.

So yesterday morning, after yet another night of little sleep, I was sterilizing happily, when I noticed that the bottle brush was a little dingy, too. I decided to throw that into the sterilizer as well. After all, cleaning bottles with a dirty, germy bottle brush kind of defeats the purpose, right? It sounded good in theory, and then:



Hmmm...apparently metal gets really hot in the microwave.

2 comments:

  1. How's your microwave? ;)
    Brenna put a camera in the microwave once...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it smelled really bad, huh?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...