Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Twin Club

I went to my first Mothers of Multiples meeting last night. I wasn't sure what to expect. My mom was a member when my twin sisters were born, a little more than 25 years ago, and I have a few memories of her attending the meetings. Back then, it was all Bake Sales and Play Dates and "Twin Club" vests and buttons. At least that's how my 5-year-old brain processed it.

It was actually fun. These women are incredible multitaskers -- they have fundraisers and community outreach programs, meal deliveries for new mothers of multiples, a huge rummage sale that's big news in this area, and social events for the adults and the kids, just to name a few things. Also, they can understand the special challenges that come with mothering more than one infant. Just having someone to talk to and vent with is worth the dues.

I wound up buying this cute/somewhat cheesy football-jersey-style shirt that says something about the Mothers of Multiples on the back, and then says "Team Chermela" on the front. Totally a nerdy mothery thing to purchase, but I was caught up in the spirit of the whole multiples thing. I drew the line at the "Got Twins?" decal for my car, but next month might be another story....stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so cool! And I think that bumper sticker would be adorable on your car!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...