Saturday, February 5, 2011

Charlotte's Homemade Valentines

Remember last week when I showed you how to make little girls' barrettes?  Charlotte is giving them to her little preschool girlfriends this year for Valentine's Day. (If I can pry them out of her greedy little hands. She wants to keep them for herself!)


To make these Valentines, you'll need:


  • white construction paper
  • hearts cut out of red and pink (or any color) paper
  • craft glue
  • pinking shears 


I have access to an Ellison machine at school, so I was able to punch these construction paper hearts out pretty quickly.  You could just as easily cut them by hand.


I cut my white construction paper into 4x6 rectangles.  Then I found a font I liked, and printed a message in the lower righthand corner.



Next, I glued the hearts down, cut a little slit in the paper with scissors, and slid the barrette through.

As a finishing touch, I cut around the construction paper with pinking shears.


Cute!  Next up, Nathan and Gavin's Valentines.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Linking Up To:

0 witty remarks:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...