Friday, February 18, 2011

Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce

I'm going to be honest here.  I do not love to cook.  I used to despise it.  Then I disliked it.  Then I tolerated it.  And now, only very recently, I kind of started to like it.  I cook for my family almost every night, and I think I'm pretty good at it, but I'm only now starting to find my groove, discover recipes that are keepers, and even experiment a little bit with my own recipes.

In order for a recipe to be a keeper, it needs to taste good (duh!), be relatively kid-friendly, be quick, and be easy.  A nutritious, balanced recipe is a bonus, but not necessary every night....sometimes I need comfort food!

I'm going to share a recipe with you today that isn't mine, but it meets all of my prerequisites, and I find myself craving it all the time.  I've been making it once a week!  It is NOT fat-free, but it is soooooo worth it!

source
Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce
by the Pioneer Woman
Check out her site for great recipes, photos, and step by step instructions!


  |    |    |  
  • 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
  • 2 Tablespoons Butter
  • 1 whole Medium Onion, Finely Diced
  • 4 cloves Garlic, Minced
  • 2 cans (15 Ounce Each) Tomato Sauce Or Marinara Sauce
  • Salt And Pepper, to taste
  • Dash Of Sugar (more To Taste)
  • 1 cup Heavy Cream
  • Grated Parmesan Or Romano Cheese, To Taste
  • Fresh Basil, Chopped
  • 1-½ pound Fettuccine

Preparation Instructions

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
Heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute for a minute or so. Pour in tomato sauce and add salt, pepper, and sugar to taste. Stir and cook over low heat for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and stir in cream. Add cheese to taste, then check seasonings. Stir in pasta and chopped basil and serve immediately. (Thin with pasta water before adding basil if needed.

Delicious!  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. You now post recipes that are easy and kid friendly?!? I feel like your blog is my Target; I visit as often as I can and leave with a ton of new ideas and inspiration. Thank you!!! I am totally cooking it this week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...