Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine's Day for Your Sweetheart

Remember when you were in high school, and the most meaningful way to express your affection for someone was to make them a mix-tape?  I remember sitting next to my pink Sony radio/tape player for hours, waiting for the song I wanted to record.  When if finally came on the radio, I would hit *record* as fast as I could, which resulted in the first few bars of the music being cut off.  And the end of the song was always ruined by the DJ talking.  Kids these days have no idea what we had to deal with in order to express our love for one another.

But the message is the same.  There is nothing more powerful than the message in music.  Remember this?  Man, I love John Cusack.  But that's another post.


So I made my Valentine a mix-tape for the big day.



You can download and print the CD cover here.  Have fun!

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha, it's funny you mentioned this because my husband I were just talking about how awesome it was to make mixed tapes! Then you would inevitably have some black space between songs or you waited days to catch your new favorite song on the radio right at the moment you were ready to hit record...and the tape would run out mid song!

    P.S. I love me some old school John Cusack, esp his Better Off Dead days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uggg...how many tapes did I make/waste doing that same thing! In college, I got a job on Sundays at a local radio station where I had to play Rick Dee's Top 40 CDs. That was a HUGE deal because no one was using CDs yet and I was like a goddess to my friends who wanted me to bring home the CDs so we could listen to them, without all the DJ talking, etc. that was on the mixed tapes. Kids have no idea today :-)

    One idea you might like, speaking of kids and mixed tapes. Bob and I made a special CD of music for the kids to wake up to now that they get up each day for school. I found a clip of a rooster crowing, so that's first (having grown up on a farm, I insisted that my children also have the joy of waking to a rooster, albeit in our suburban cul-de-sac home). Then one or two instrumentals and then some really raucous kids wake-up/good morning songs that help them bounce out of bed. Much better than an annoying alarm clock ringing or me calling them in my screechy mom voice for 1/2 hour :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...