Friday, August 3, 2007

Beach Babies


Our first trip to the beach was a success! The babies slept so well that week; I swear, there is something about that salt air. They only woke once during the night to eat. I felt like a new woman! Of course, now that we're home again, their old sleeping habits have returned.


As for me, I'm still ghostly pale. Our pediatrician recommended keeping them off of the beach, and it was so bleeping hot that I couldn't even really take them for walks. I got down to the beach once, for about two hours. It was wonderful. I actually got to read a book!


Taking the twins on the boardwalk was insane. People literally stood in front of the stroller, causing me to come to a complete halt, to stare at them. It was unreal. We saw a woman with triplets on the boardwalk. I smiled and said, "Wow. When I have a bad day, I think to myself, "Someone out there is doing this with THREE!" She reminded me, "When I am having a bad day, I think to myself, "Someone out there is doing this, and their kids aren't healthy." That made me feel like a big sh*t, but it certainly made me count my blessings and be thankful that Charlotte and Gavin are doing so well. It's all about perspective.

2 comments:

  1. You survived a trip to a boardwalk? Wonder woman! Oh, and those babies are too cute for words. Just in case you didn't know that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, they are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...