Tuesday, August 14, 2007

There's Something To It....

I'm posting this cautiously, with my fingers crossed, because I don't want to jinx myself....

Over the last few days I've developed a little "naptime routine." This decision was made after a hellish day when Charlotte and Gavin went on a napping strike, and were so exhausted and cranky by the end of the day that their eyes were practically swollen shut.

Several times now, I have put Charlotte down COMPLETELY AWAKE, and, lo and behold, the precious child has put herself to sleep without so much as a peep. Not every time, but enough. Gavin's not quite there yet, but I see the potential.

Perhaps we will avoid "crying it out?" I hope so.

3 comments:

  1. She inherited her Aunt Sessy's napping genes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That she did, Sessy. The girl needs to nap like every hour and a half, just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't want to comment! I'm afraid I'll jinx you too! I have not had to do this twice at the same time, only every few years, but if you can get a routine going.. WOO HOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...